Monday, January 12, 2009

A Soulmate in Waiting

My man and I cuddled near the fire;

Being with each other is all we require.

Our hearts, minds, and bodies will speak;

The feelings of care and tenderness we seek.


When our lips meet, he will feel from my heart;

The good, strong feelings that won’t keep us apart.

When our bodies press close, he will set me free;

From deep within our souls it was meant to be.


He knows I want not a king, but a man.

He knows I want to share all the love I can.

He knows that I seek only simple things,

Not riches and gold and diamond rings.


He sees me with his heart and not his eyes,

For it is the true source that never lies.

It shows him the real me that glows from within;

The one he can trust from beginning to end.


He knows I want not just sex, but intimacy too.

It’s the one thing that makes his happiness true.

He knows I want not perfection, but him as is,

For even in failure he knows I am all his.


As the last log burned up in our fireplace,

I took my hands and cradled his face.

I felt his hand touch my chest without haste,

And he wrapped his legs around my waist.


For it is He and I together at last,

Moving future and present into the past.

We write our wonderful story to be,

The most beautiful part of life for me.


-Kevin

2 comments:

  1. In the grasp of a poet, thine own truth reveals what they who cannot be unforgotten, will surely come to bestow. In the twilight of a day's last hint of a memory disguised as a soon to be yesterday, the future is all one need ponder as a certain tomorrow. Methinks that rhymes. :-)

    ReplyDelete