Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Tidbits


25 Random Things

1. The final step to conquer my aviatophobia was to enter a career working for an airline, taking Dallas-Houston; Houston-Dallas flights, and then working up to longer flights.

2. I've always wondered why NFL football players only get on one knee and acknowledge God when they get into the end zone and score... never when they are sacked, or otherwise tackled for a loss of yards.

3. I hate being late, and have little patience for those who are late if they aren't bleeding to death, mangled in a car wreck, or in some other emergency.

4. I've consistently kept in touch with only two of my High School classmates since graduating in 1993, and now, I trust them with my life.

5. I'm allergic to bullets.

6. I LOVE cold weather. Bundling up makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

7. I just had a dream last night of seeing 3 naked, dead bodies on the beach of some remote inlet... and no, I didn't put them there.

8. Just one cocktail, and I'm the life of the party.

9. I'm extremely bad at answering my mobile phone right away, as well as returning phone calls promptly. It's there for my convenience... not the person that's calling. Emergencies are my only exception.

10. I wonder if there would be an uproar if the author of "Stuff White People Like" would write the sequel, "Stuff Black People Like"?

11. I have two 5-year-old Sheltie dogs named Dirk and Yani.

12. It never fails... the closer a friend lives to me, the less often I see them.

13. I can't stand driving anywhere north of Northwest Highway in Dallas.

14. I'd rather be stranded in a blizzard with no food or water than work the morning shift at the office... unless it's for overtime or double-time pay.

15. I tend to stutter when I'm hungry, upset, or annoyed.

16. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

17. I love road trips, especially out west.

18. Coffee is like gold to me... creamy and sweet, please.

19. I carry a maximum of $20 in my wallet.

20. I plant at least 1 tree per year.

21. Sometimes, I randomly choose a name out of my mobile phone book, dial, and start talking... just because.

22. After careful consideration, I'm officially declaring my 'scary age' is 43. I'll be over it the day after my 43rd birthday, if I'm blessed with that many more.

23. My least favorite chore is washing dishes by hand, loading/unloading the dishwasher... anything to do with dishes other than getting them dirty.

24. Although my bedroom stays clean, I never make the bed.

25. I prefer a stormy day over a sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment