Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Calmness in the Skies

Ahhh, after a mild night over cocktails last night, my rest was interrupted by the Terminix man knocking at my door this morning. It was my last opportunity to sleep in before hitting the 6AM shift tomorrow morning.

Well, now that I'm up and coffee is deliciously flowing through my veins, it's about time to get the bills done and start on my taxes. Normally, the taxes would be a March or April affair, but the word "refund" motivated this brotha to get started early! Usually, checking up on the finances is such a stressful thing... and doing it on a day off is not my preference. However, this year, I find myself in much better shape.

I'm optimistic about being able to travel somewhere new and perhaps fulfill one of my life goals this year. Through the broken relationships, daily drama, work stress, faltering economies, and family tragedies -- I could always turn to nature when I need perspective and deliverance. For me, no man can bring the type of tranquility that a clear, star-filled sky could bring. I want to go back to Colorado so bad this year -- and the reason why I haven't been back there in a while is kinda silly. My ex-boyfriend was from there, and it reminds me of the ties that we shared. So, what better way to overcome this silly barrier than to up the bar a notch.

I've decided to do the #1 item on my Life Goals list, which is to view the Aurora Borealis. What better way to fill my soul with tranquility of the skies than by seeing something in it that I've never seen before (at least from the ground). So, I'm going to target the Yukon Territory either this spring or fall and get that goal accomplished.

For those who think intuitively, perhaps you know where I'm coming from when I speak of the intrinsic benefits of being out in nature. The sky is a vast window into the past; so many unknowns -- but you just feel the truth without actually questioning it; there is simply a peace that you experience without reason. If you have been lucky enough to see the "Northern lights", I'm sure it was an experience you'll never forget. That's exactly the type of wonderful experience that I crave this year -- one that I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. I have personally never seen the Northern Lights and sometimes ponder upon the impossibility of seeing them although I have faith deep inside that somehow, someday I will. There is always the chance at the very least. "So many unknowns", you write. Perhaps that is the best way to describe what I feel tonight as I read your blogs over the last few days. The best part of that statement you wrote is that it is just that -- unknown -- and that makes it worth wanting even more. Thanks again for your inspiring words and comforting thoughts of anew.

    ReplyDelete