Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Difference of a Day

Okay, this sucks. What a way to kick off the Obama era! After the Inaugural festivities yesterday, I went over to the home of my friend, "The Godfather". He had taped the entire inaugural ceremony, and we watched with teary eyes from beginning to end. I cooked steaks, mashed potatoes & gravy, and collard greens w/cornbread. He supplied the Wild Turkey and Coke. It was an evening of laughs and gentle political talk.

Oh, what a difference a day can make.

Today, after spending a sleepless night coddling a throbbing tooth, I am awaiting my 11:30am appointment for a root canal. That equates to roughly $1100 for one tooth, and I still don't understand to this day WHY we need separate dental insurance from medical insurance in order to keep ourselves healthy. It's no wonder the American middle class is getting squeezed to death. We seem to be set up for failure on a lot of issues -- especially when it comes to medical expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment