Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chilled in Chi-Town

Woooo-yeah! Greetings from Chicago, Illinois -- home state of President Barack H. Obama. I've traded in a balmy, sunny, 67-degree in Dallas for a frigid, snowy, 19-degree day in Chi-Town... all in the name of visiting one of my best friends!

So, I got to the airport today and waited approximately 2 hours for my flight. Once I got on the aircraft, took my seat, and got my belt fastened, my irritability level shot through the roof.

They shut the doors and we prepared to take off. Lo and behold -- one row over... there's a passenger violating one of the oldest protocols in the book. It never fails, there is someone that continued to talk on their mobile phone long after being instructed to turn it off. We taxied to the runway, and the guy still had not turned off his phone. Finally, after the flight attendant passed by again, he powered off his 'electronic leash' once he received an evil stare.

It's amazing how the even the most seasoned CEOs can morph into stubborn children once they enter an airport. How hard is it to follow instructions? Plus, what has the advent of cellular phone technology done to us? It seems as though people just can't live through a short Dallas - St. Louis - Chicago flight without a cell phone piping noise into their ears.

Seriously, why risk interfering with the pilots' instruments, crashing the airplane, and ruining my new jacket?!

No comments:

Post a Comment