Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Abused by an Abuser

The Black Man Next Door is very thankful that Mother Nature spared his home from storm damage last night. I only suffered an overturned BBQ grill and miscellaneous trash blown around my yard.

Meanwhile, Barbados singer Rihanna canceled her concert in Jakarta due to her ongoing 'situation' with her boyfriend, chris brown (R&B artist). Apparently, she was not spared from the wrath of her man's abusive hands -- and several things about this story truly angers me.

Abusing a lover or spouse is the greatest sin in the Holy Relationship Guide. It always turns my gut to hear this type of news, and at the same time, my heart also goes out to all of those victims who suffer in silence --- some of them men.

In one of the articles related to Rihanna and chris brown, chris recalls his own mother being abused by his stepfather and he "still hates (his stepfather) to this day". There are MANY children out there that went through this type of trauma, myself included. It's nowhere close to being an excuse for striking your lover.... and despite his friends and teachers recalling a "down-to-earth", docile, charming young man -- they unfortunately missed deep seeds of trouble festering in this guy.

I truly hope Rihanna finds the strength and the wisdom to detach herself from this relationship if his seeds of trouble cannot be uprooted. She's got a bright future and a long life ahead of her. She deserves a man that will respect, love, and honor her -- not fear her, which I strongly suspect mr. brown does.

Read Part II by clicking HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I now about 2100 the air alarms are going off. I turn the TV on. and lucky the storm went down right when it was about to hit Dallas. No tornado watch, just thnderstorm watch. went back to sleep. No was harm here either.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storm just passed through my part of TN and blew down a pine tree on the hill in my back yard. It didn't hit anything but the ground, thank goodness! The wind is still blowing and according to the weather report should continue until late afternoon. Lots of trees loom over my house which is sort of in a bowl on two sides and are really swaying and twisting in this wind. The sound is scary.

    I'm glad you're OK. I saw your blog on Bob's list (I Should Be Laughing) and got caught up reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray and Joy, glad you two are fine. Unfortunately, this is only the beginning of a long season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: the latter half of the blog, these names come to mind: Ike and Tina. Bobby and Whitney. Need I say more? Oh and yes, I, too, am GLADD you made it through the storm. Heh, that was a clever little twist of word play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post...I hope she finds the support she needs

    ReplyDelete