Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hex That 'Ex'

Ahhhh, there's no better way to spend a Valentine's Day then at work with fellow co-workers. Historically, this day has been an utter nightmare for the Black Man Next Door, with little to celebrate or laugh about. Until now.

It seems like our fellow British allies across the pond have cooked up something called "Hex your Ex" Day, where bringing a picture of your ex-lover can earn you a discounted price into their house of horrors. Simply rip up the picture, throw it into a smoking cauldron, and POOF -- instant therapy.

Definitely a creative way to dig up some humor if you're either single or have been recently dumped. Years ago, I would have jumped at the chance to fly to London just to partake in such a humorous exercise. Nowadays, I just kill the exes with kindness if I ever hear from them. I guess passing into my 30s have made me somewhat of a pragmatist. Wishing ill-will upon someone that wronged me in the past has never brought me true closure.... and it still doesn't now.

But, whoever said 'the best revenge is to live well' is a friggin' genius. Life's too short, but for those of my neighborly readers who are having a difficult time today, I highly recommend checking out the post by The Gay Love Coach, Brian Rzepczynski. Just click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I also had to work, but hey the boss bought lunch for us all.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete