Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Black Men Don't (Blank)"

So, a friend at work and I had a nice discussion about what he has apparently never seen Black men do... and since he's never seen them do "BLANK", that must mean they DON'T do it, right? Well... this debate has a $5 wager on each example. My mission... prove him wrong. Since he could not verify the names I spat out to him, the link to this blog will be provided for additional evidence. Let's break down the examples.... Black Men Don't --------->


SWIM: Think again, my anonymous friend at work -- for whom I got into a healthy discussion with today. As you can see here, this is Cullen Jones... a three-time All-American swimmer. You gotta admit... I outdid myself proving you wrong on this one, my "brotha of a different color". I'll buy you a TV for Christmas and an annual subscription to a newspaper.









SKI: You may not know what the NBS is, so I thought this picture may provide a clue. Looks like you need to pay me my coins, my red-headed amigo. I promise, it's not a super-tanned Caucasian imposter skiing on a mound of sugar. This is all pure dark, sweet chocolate owning the slopes.... just like I now own your wallet.












PLAY HOCKEY: Oops... looks like I got you on this one too, my friend. That's an additional $5.00 in coinage you owe... and at this rate, your stereotypes are going to earn me a free lunch for the next week. Oh, and a little tidbit... that's Willie O' Ree in his younger years. And that's a Boston Bruins uniform he's in. Yeah, that's right... all gay men knew that, homie!








This has been an educational advertisement for that nameless guy at work whom I still love, no matter what stereotypes he has... or should I say had. It was a bold discussion between two adults, and I'm so proud of you for making yourself vulnerable. I take no offense... or checks... or credit cards. Open your wallet, because your rent is due.... Sucka!!

No comments:

Post a Comment